It may sound like a complicated question, but it’s actually quite simple. The primary factors that influence meat prices come down to supply and demand.
- If the meat is in high demand, retail prices will increase.
- If there is less demand for meat, retail prices will decrease.
Demand factors include:
- Consumer behaviour and decisions.
- Changes in population size, distribution and income will impact the demand for protein from meat.
- The price of substitute or complementary products will also influence the demand for meat; for example, if poultry prices decline relative to beef and pork, consumers may turn to chicken.
Supply factors include:
- Change in market price
- Cost of inputs
- Weather and disease
- Changes in the price of substitute goods
- The economic status of individuals
Other factors include diseases and diet fads. For example, The Atkins Diet, a low carbohydrate diet, has driven the demand because of the high amounts of protein in meat.
Effective risk management and business savvy can control these factors to a certain degree. If a wholesale meat supplier can ensure a strong supply and value chain, it will reap the rewards, circumventing many profit-depleting factors.
Our range of products include
- Breakfast sausages.
- Cooked pre-marinated ribs.
- Footlong sausages.
- Hocks and shanks.
- Speciality smoked pork, and much more.
How to order our products
Our online product enquiry platform has been specifically designed to provide you with a professional, efficient ordering experience. We need you to fill in the web form with your details, relevant industry (wholesale, retail or private) and the specifications of your order. Once this is sent to us, our knowledgeable sales representatives will process your order and ensure it is delivered to its destination (local and international) within the timeframe specified on the delivery policy.
Van Wyngaardt’s delivery policy
Our delivery policy requires a minimum order depending on the shipping region. You may order between Monday to Thursday. If you order before noon, we guarantee next-day delivery. If you order after noon, you will receive the order the following working day.
This is only valid for Gauteng stores. The delivery time for outer-Gauteng stores may vary. At Van Wyngaardt, we pride ourselves on always providing exceeding good meats!
Feel free welcome to contact us if you have any queries or require more information about our policies. One of our sales representatives will happily assist you.
At Van Wyngaardt, we do all of this! All of our products are:
- SABS approved. The SABS Certification Mark is a third-party guarantee of a product’s quality, safety, and reliability, assuring consumers that the product conforms to specifications based on ISO / IEC 17065.
- Export (ZA44), FSA accredited, and HACCP approved.
- Locally sourced.
- Packaged professionally to ensure shelf-life and freshness.