The Perfect Honey-Glazed Ham For Christmas
Your search for the perfect honey-glazed Christmas ham recipe ends here!
Let’s face it: December will be here soon. Michael Bublé will serenade every shopping centre, Christmas trees will decorate every street corner, and your customers will start panicking and looking for a delicious honey-glazed ham soon.
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. Knock your customers (and their families’) socks off with the perfect honey-glazed ham recipe this Christmas.
The Perfect Honey-Glazed Ham for Christmas
- One bone-in spiral-cut ham of roughly 4-5kg
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- One tsp ground ginger
- One tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 160°C to avoid dehydrating the ham.
- Place the ham on its side in your favourite deep roasting pan.
- Mix the honey, brown sugar and spices in a small bowl until well blended. If the mixture is too thick, microwave on its highest setting for 30 seconds to one minute or until smooth, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Brush 1/2 of the honey mixture over the ham, gently separating the slices so the glaze can reach the middle of the ham.
- Cover it loosely with foil to retain moisture in the oven.
- Bake the ham for an hour in the lower half of the oven, basting it occasionally with the drippings in the pan. Top Tip: To keep the ham extra juicy, you can add about one cup of water, stock, or even apple juice to the pan.
And there you have it! The perfect honey-glazed ham for Christmas. The sweet taste of the brown sugar combined with the tangy mustard makes for a winning combination. We guarantee that your customers will love you for it —and more than likely come back for more long after Christmas is over.
Get Your Ham for Your Christmas Recipes Today
Your Artisan Butchery Partner
We believe in only the highest quality of processed products for you to choose from. If you have a catering function coming up or need something festive in your retail deli or hospitality establishment, look no further.
Van Wyngaardt’s delivery policy
Our delivery policy requires a minimum order amount depending on the region. You may order from Monday to Thursday. Should you place an order before 12:00, we assure you of next-day delivery. If you order after 12:00, the order will be delivered to you the following working day. This is only valid for Gauteng stores. Outer Gauteng stores delivery period may vary. At Van Wyngaardt, we pride ourselves on always providing exceedingly good meats.
Should you have any queries or require more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and one of our sales representatives will gladly assist you.