Undoubtedly, the pork industry is still recovering financially and structurally from chaos over the last two years. However, many economists are confident the industry will see an increased recovery this year and beyond.
The pandemic forced us to address industry oversights, prompting the need for quick-to-action agile strategies and solutions. However, there are still many challenges to be overcome.
In South Africa, structural drivers such as skilled labour shortages and a higher cost of living are due to inflation. The recent hike in the repo rate has exacerbated the strain on the supply chain, with everything from animal feed to transport and wages weighing heavily on pork meat distributors and producers.
The main drivers of change for pork suppliers in 2022 and beyond should be focused on:
- Risk management.
- Be prepared to make the best of the situation by maximising pricing opportunities and minimising losses.
- Consider all tools and strategies available to accomplish price risk management goals.
- Hike in prices of hog feed and fertiliser.
- Be prepared for disruption. Planning and risk management can limit the severity of their impact on your operations.
The reality of the situation is that all of the abovementioned points are subject to supply and demand. Currently, the demand in the pork market is still significant; therefore, it’s up to suppliers to find innovative ways to combat the challenges that lie ahead and capitalise on an expanding pork market.
This is the exact approach we take at Van Wyngaardt.
Our range of products include
- Breakfast sausages.
- Cooked pre-marinated ribs.
- Footlong sausages.
- Hocks and shanks.
- Speciality smoked pork, and much more.
How to order our products
Our online product enquiry platform has been specifically designed to provide you with a professional, efficient ordering experience. Please fill in the web form with your details, relevant industry (wholesale, retail or private) and the specifications of your order. Once this is sent to us, our knowledgeable sales representatives will process your order and ensure it is delivered to its destination (local and international) within the timeframe specified on the delivery policy.
Van Wyngaardt’s delivery policy
Our delivery policy requires a minimum order depending on the shipping region. You may order between Monday to Thursday. If you order before noon, we guarantee next-day delivery. If you order after noon, you will receive the order the following working day.
This is only valid for Gauteng stores. The delivery time for outer-Gauteng stores may vary. At Van Wyngaardt, we pride ourselves on always providing exceeding good meats!
You are welcome to contact us if you have any queries or require more information about our export policy. One of our sales representatives will happily assist you.
At Van Wyngaardt, we do all of this! All of our products are:
- SABS approved. The SABS Certification Mark is a third-party guarantee of a product’s quality, safety, and reliability, assuring consumers that the product conforms to specifications based on ISO / IEC 17065.
- Export (ZA44), FSA accredited, and HACCP approved.
- Locally sourced.
- Packaged professionally to ensure shelf-life and freshness.
We also adhere to all the quality assurance processes required by the South African National Accreditation System (SANAS).