Roast pork with couscous & ginger yoghurt.
Welcome to Van Wyngaardt’s recipe recommendation series. Our aim with this series is to show you just how versatile and tasty pork products can be.
Today, we’re going to show you how to cook delectable roast pork with couscous and ginger yoghurt. Roasts are great family meals to make whether it is for guests or your own family.
This low-fat yet nourishing roast pork fillet recipe, will give your body an iron-rich boost with.
Roast pork with couscous & ginger yoghurt
- 2 x 500g pork fillets trimmed of any fat
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp grated ginger
- 250 g of couscous
- 100 g of sultanas
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- A small bunch of chopped mint
- 200 g of fat-free plain yoghurt
- Heat oven to 190 °C or 170°C (if you have an oven with a fan.) Brown the pork in a non-stick frying pan over high heat for 4-5 mins, turning twice. Mix the oil, 2 tsp cumin, cinnamon, 2 tsp ginger and some seasoning, then rub all over the pork. Transfer to a roasting tin and roast for 30-35 mins or until the juices run clear when the thickest part is pierced with a skewer.
- Mix the couscous with the remaining cumin, the sultanas, lemon zest and juice, then season and pour over 400ml boiling water. Stir well and cover for 5 mins, then stir in the mint.
- Stir the remaining ginger and a little seasoning into the yoghurt. Slice the pork thickly and serve with couscous and ginger yoghurt.
If you have tried this recipe, we would love to hear how it turned out. You can share your finished meal with is on our Facebook Page.
Where to buy Van Wyngaardt pork products
Van Wyngaardt’s exclusive bacon is available at Spar and Food Lover’s Market. All bacon is expertly sealed to guarantee freshness.
Order South Africa’s best wholesale pork meat products online
We offer a wide range of pork products which include
You can order any products from our website, which has been fashionably facelifted. You don’t have to worry; our selection of the highest quality pork products remains the same.
We’ve also completely redesigned our online product ordering platform. Now, you’ll find descriptions of all the meats we have in stock, as well as the relevant product codes on each product page, followed by the order form below.
All you need to do is fill in the form with your desired quantity of pork products and send them to our sales consultants, who will process your order.