Pork With Sweet & Sour Onion Sauce
Welcome to Van Wyngaardt’s recipe recommendation series. There is so many amazing dishes you can make using the various cuts of pork and we are going to be sharing as many of them with you as possible.
Today, we will show you how to make delicious pork with sweet and sour onion sauce, using lean pork fillets, which is one of the healthiest cuts of meat.
This is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for those busy week nights where you need to get dinner made quickly.
Pork with sweet & sour onion sauce
- 250 g of mixed basmati and wild rice
- 600 g of lean pork fillet cut into 4cm-thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 ml cider vinegar
- 1 large red onion halved and then sliced
- 2 tbsp coarse freshly ground black pepper
- A small bunch of chopped parsley
- 75 ml maple syrup
- Boil the rice in plenty of water. Once cooked, drain the water and return to the pot. Cover it with a lid to keep it warm. Follow the instructions on the pack.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the black pepper and some salt on all sides of the meat—heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Sear the meat on both sides until it’s browned nicely. Remove the meat from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and the sliced onion to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, then add in the vinegar and let the mixture reduce for 1 minute. Stir in the maple syrup, then return the pork to the pan and heat for five minutes until it’s cooked through. Serve the pork and sauce spooned over the rice and scatter parsley over the top.
If you have tried this recipe we would love to know how it turned out.
Where to buy Van Wyngaardt pork
Contact us to find out where you can find your Van Wyngaardt products. All our pork products are vacuum sealed to guarantee freshness.
Order South Africa’s best wholesale pork meat products online
We offer a wide range of pork products which include
· Assorted hams
· Assorted loaves
· Marinated ribs
· Footlong sausages
· Hocks & shanks
· Breakfast sausages
· Specialised smoked pork products, which include smoked pork fillet, Boston butts and gammon.
You can order any of the abovementioned products from Van Wyngaardt’s website, which has been stylishly revamped. You don’t have to worry; our selection of the highest quality pork products remains the same. We’ve also wholly restructured our online product ordering platform. You’ll find descriptions of all the meats and the corresponding codes on each product page for your convenience.
All you need to do is fill in the form with your desired quantity of pork products and send them to our sales consultants, who will process your order.