3 Delicious Pork Ribs Braai Recipes
Pork ribs are, without a doubt, a crowd favourite here in South Africa. I mean, when you prepare them on the braai, how is anyone supposed to say no? The aroma, the stickiness, the flavour, what’s not to love?
From sticky barbeque to spicy spare ribs, we’re sure to have your mouth watering by the end of this article!
Every Good Recipe Starts with Quality Meat
Buy the perfect spare ribs online at Van Wyngaardt today and put our top recipes to the test.
Top Recipes for Pork Ribs
Here are our favourite pork rib recipes that will have your customers coming back for more!
1. Easy Sticky BBQ Ribs
Be prepared for some sticky fingers and dirty faces! This pork rib recipe is easy to make and a real crowd-pleaser.
Easy Sticky BBQ Ribs
- 2 kg pork spare ribs
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sachets Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Spaghetti Bolognese
- 200 ml water
- 10 ml cornflour
- 125 ml chutney
- 60 ml honey
- In a large pot, season the pork spare ribs with salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- Fill the pot with water, bring it to a boil and then allow the ribs to simmer for about half an hour.
- Remove the ribs from the pot to let it cool.
- Mix the 2 Knorr Dry Cook-In-Sauce sachets' contents with the cornflour, water, honey and chutney in a bowl to prepare a marinade.
- Marinate the ribs in the fridge for a minimum of two hours, turning the ribs over every now and again.
- Place the ribs on the braai, cooking each side for about 5 minutes.
2. The Juiciest Pork Spare Ribs You’ll Ever Eat
For this recipe, you have to think outside the box a little bit. Why? Because we’re going to braai first and marinate later!
The Juiciest Pork Spare Ribs You'll Ever Eat
- 1.5 kg pork spare ribs
- ½ cup honey or syrup
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tot soy sauce
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 to tot apple juice
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients (other than the ribs) together in a large bowl.
- Braai the ribs for about 30 minutes until almost done.
- Remove the ribs from the fire and cut them into single ribs.
- Place the ribs into the sauce bowl, leaving it long enough to absorb the sauce well.
- Braai the now-saucy ribs for 2-10 minutes, until warm and glazed.
- Serve and enjoy!
3. Spicy Spare Ribs
If you’d like to spice things up, this pork spare rib recipe is for you!
- 1 kg spare or loin ribs
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 200 ml extra-thick plain or Greek yoghurt
- 20 ml honey
- 50 ml Harissa curry paste tandoori or tikka spice
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Pre-cook the ribs by boiling them in some water until the meat is nice and tender.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl to be used for marinating.
- Spoon the mixture over the ribs until completely smothered.
- Place the ribs on the braai, using your discretion, for 15-20 minutes and enjoy
Van Wyngaardt’s delivery policy
Our delivery policy requires a minimum order amount depending on the region. You may order from Monday to Thursday. Should you place an order before 12:00, we assure you of next-day delivery. If you order after 12:00, the order will be delivered to you the following working day. This is only valid for Gauteng stores. Outer Gauteng stores delivery period may vary. At Van Wyngaardt, we pride ourselves on always providing exceedingly good meats.
Should you have any queries or require more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and one of our sales representatives will gladly assist you.