Are your kitchen staff handling pork products appropriately and according to South Africa’s food safety regulations? Here are six handling processes that must be followed.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitise all your cooking equipment and utensils such as meat slicers, knives and tenderisers when using them on cooked and raw products. The reality is that all these tools and machines also pose a high risk for cross-contamination. Remember that cross-contamination is one of the primary food handling practices that a health inspector will check in addition to promoting foodborne illnesses.
- Ensure that you don’t let any product from any package or container come into contact with any work surface where cutting meat is involved.
- Make sure that all work – and non-work – surfaces are wiped down and completely dry with no residue of any sanitiser remaining before placing any pork on them. Certain types of industrial sanitisers can be toxic. It’s recommended that you tell your staff to use alternative cleaning substances where possible.
- Always have separate cutting and processing boards for meat, poultry and fish. Cutting and/or preparing these proteins on the same board is called cross-contamination and can cause illnesses to staff and customers. Diseases include salmonella, listeria and norovirus. We know that’s an incident you don’t want to happen! Plus, you don’t want to ruin the excellent quality pork that we sell in bulk online.
- Ensure that all food processing tables and cutting boards are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before any pork meat products come into contact with them. The main reason for this is that cooked and uncooked meat must never be touch each other because meat can become contaminated with bacteria that lead to foodborne illnesses.
- Process cooked and uncooked protein products on separate days. This is one of the best methods to minimise the risk of cross-contamination in all areas of tools and machines that have been mentioned above.
The easiest way to order the best wholesale pork meat products online
We’d like you to say hello to the new Van Wyngaardt website. It’s been given a stylish facelift; don’t worry, our selection and highest quality pork products are still the same. We’ve revamped our online product ordering platform as well. Simply fill in the webform (which you’ll find on each of the product pages) with your details and list the selection of pork meat products that you require. From there, our expert sales representatives will process your order quickly. The pork meat package will be delivered to your place of business (or the address listed on the webform) during the time period specified in our delivery policy below.
Van Wyngaardt’s delivery policy
Our delivery policy requires a minimum order amount of R8,000.00. We are online to take your order from Monday to Thursday every week (except for public holidays). If the order is placed before 12:00, we will deliver the next day. Should it be placed after 12:00, you can expect it to be delivered to you the following working day. Please remember that delivery is only available for the outer Gauteng region.
At Van Wyngaardt, we pride ourselves on always providing exceedingly good meats. All our pork products are locally sourced, and we comply with animal welfare regulations.