Beef & Bacon Meatloaf Recipe
Welcome to Van Wyngaardt’s recipe recommendation series!
Today, we’re looking at how to make a lip-smacking beef and bacon meatloaf. We pride ourselves on providing the tastiest bacon for sale in the country and it takes this dish from good to amazing.
This is a delicious, hearty meal to be enjoyed by family and friends on those cold winter nights.
You can choose from the following types of bacon for this recipe:
- Mild cured back bacon
- Mild cured shoulder bacon
- Mild cured streaky bacon
- Mild cured bacon bits
Did you know
The most common cut of bacon is called back bacon which comes from the loin? The word comes from the Old High German word ‘Bahho’ meaning ‘buttock’ and ‘ham.’
Beef & bacon meatloaf
- Sunflower oil, for greasing
- 85 g pack of sage & onion stuffing mix
- 1 beef stock cube
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 500 g pack of extra lean beef mince, use one with less than 20% fat
- Heat the oven to 180C or 160C if you have a thermal fan oven and the oil inside a 900g loaf tin. Tip the stuffing mix into a bowl, crumble in the stock cube and pour over 300ml boiling water. Give it a good stir, then set aside.
- Stretch the bacon rashers by running the back of a spoon along their length. Then, line the base and longest sides of the tin with 6 – 7 rashers. Chop the rest.
- Mix the chopped bacon and mince into the stuffing with some black pepper, then press into the bacon-lined tin and bake for 40 mins until firm. Turn out, slice and serve.
If you have tried this recipe we would love to hear how it turned out. You can share your feedback with us on our Facebook page.
1. Sealed packages of raw bacon can be frozen for up to one month.
2. A standard cooked slice of bacon contains approximately 45 calories and 3.5 grams of fat.
3. You can cook bacon in either a frying pan, oven or microwave.
Where to buy Van Wyngaardt bacon
Van Wyngaardt’s exclusive bacon is available at Spar and Food Lover’s Market. All bacon is expertly sealed to guarantee freshness.
Prefer to order wholesale bacon online?
No problem. You can place your order on Van Wyngaardt’s website, which has been elegantly facelifted! We’ve completely restructured our online product ordering platform. You’ll find descriptions of the meats and the clear product codes on each product page, as well as by the order form.
All you need to do is fill in the web form with your details and list the selection of pork meat products that you require. Then, your order will be received and processed by our expert sales representatives.
If you have any questions or need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.